- A weighted tag includes the weight of the truck, trailer and what you are hauling (i.e. horses)
- If you have a 4-horse trailer (or larger), you are required by state law to stop at the weigh stations
- If you GVWR (gross vehicle weight rating) is over 26,001, you will need a class A regular drivers license
- If the gross weight of your trailer is over 4000 lb, you need to have it inspected yearly (just like yearly car inspections)
- DO NOT use red die diesel! If you do and get caught, it is an automatic $10,000 fine!
- Safety chains are required on horse trailers (state law)
Our next REINS training will be March 17th at 7 p.m. at the Gaston Citizens Resouce Center. The title of that workshop is "Myth-ology in Horse Nutrition - Debunking Feeding Myths." This session is free to the public, but pre-reistration is required. To register, call 704-9222112.