List of Area Farmers Markets
- Belmont Farmers' Market
- Fridays 4 to 7 p.m.
- North Main Street in Belmont
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
- Bessemer City Farmers' Market
- Call 704-833-0363 for further information
- Cramerton Farmers' Market
- Gastonia Farmers' Market
- Lowell Friday Farmers' Market
- 4 pm to 8 pm
- Located on 2nd St. between Main and Mill Streets
- Contact 704-824-3518 for further information
- Mount Holly Farmers' Market
What's in Season?
- Calendar of NC seasonal availability Download this helpful calendar so you will be able to educate your customers on what fruits and vegetables are in season.
- Food Safety Resouces from NC State University
- Food Preservation Publications This website offers a wealth of information about food preservation and safe handling practices, including several Spanish-language publications.
- The Garden Grocery: Food Safety and Selection at the Farmers Market This University of Nebraska Extension publication offers suggestions on how to get the most from your farmers market, from selecting the freshest fruits and vegetables to proper storage in your kitchen.
- Food Safety for Farmers' Market Vendors From University of Nebraska
- Safe Handling of Food at Open Markets This chapter from Kansas State University will help you identify the critical control points in storage and display that are important to food safety in the market.
- Tips for Conducting Cooking Demonstrations From the University of Massechusetts Cooperative Extension Service
- Foothills Fresh
- Direct Marketing Guide for Producers Fruits, Vegetables and Other Specialty Products From the University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service
- Marketing Your Products Directly From the University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service
- Direct Marketing Business Management From ATTRA, this guide covers everything from pricing to publicity.
- Selling Strategies for Local Food Producers University of Missouri Extension
- Farmers' Market Rules, Regulations and Opportunities From the National Agricultural Law Center
- Establishing & Operating a Community Farmers' Market From the University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
- Applying for IRS 501 (c) (3) Tax-Exempt Status
- Starting a Farmers' Market From the University of Florida Extension
- Getting Started with Farmers' Markets From the Wallace Center
- What Works at a Farmers' Market? From the Small Farm Center, University of California Extension
- Market Gardening: A Start-up guide This publication discusses the intense production of high-value crops from just a few acres and gives farmers the potential to increase their income. This publication provides an overview of issues you need to be aware of as you consider starting market gardening and suggests helpful resources.
- Understanding Sales Tax on Agricultural Products This is a quick reference guide designed to help NC farmers and retailers understand the sales tax obligations on agricultural products.
- Some thoughts on selling at farmers' markets 22 lessons in running a successful farmers' market stand