RAFI-USA's Tobacco Communities Reinvestment Fund to Distribute $180,000 in Grants to Innovative North Carolina Farmers in 2013.
In 2013, RAFI-USA will award $180,000 in grants to independent family farms in North Carolina for new farming enterprises that demonstrate innovative opportunities in production, processing and marketing. (A press release is available online here: http://rafiusa.org/tcrf/2013/pressrelease.pdf)
This coming year, the program will award up to $8,000 to individual farmers and up to $10,000 for collaborative farmer projects.
To be eligible for a grant, a farmer must earn at least 50% of their personal income from their farm operation. Individuals who have received a previous grant from RAFI-USA or the Tobacco Trust Fund Commission are not eligible.
The deadline to submit applications is December 5, 2012.
To learn more about the program's guidelines or to download a grant application visit: www.NCFarmGrants.org
Prospective applicants are encouraged to attend a free informational workshop. We will be offering grant information workshops across the state of North Carolina.
"How to Apply" Workshops (all workshops will begin at 6:00 pm.):
• Rockingham County, Cooperative Extension Office, Oct.22, 2012
• Lincoln County, Cooperative Extension Office, Oct. 23, 2012
• Martin County, Cooperative Extension Office, Oct. 24, 2012
• Montgomery County, Cooperative Extension Office, Oct. 29, 2012
• Pender County, Cooperative Extension Office, Oct. 30, 2012
• Yadkin County, Cooperative Extension Office, Nov. 1, 2012
• Chatham County, RAFI-USA (274 Pittsboro Elementary School Rd, Pittsboro), Nov. 13, 2012
• Wayne County, Goldsboro Public Library (1001 E. Ash St. Goldsboro), Nov. 14, 2012
Grant applications and eligibility guidelines are available online at www.ncfarmgrants.org. Farmers located in the Mountain Regions are encouraged to visit www.wncagoptions.org for information regarding grants in their area.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call Joe Schroeder.
Joe Schroeder, Director
Tobacco Communities Reinvestment Fund
Rural Advancement Foundation International-USA (RAFI-USA)
Tel: (919) 542-1396, ext. 208
Connect with Us: